Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hog Heaven in a Skinny Little Box


     Right to the point-- Chocolate Covered Bacon!!! Yes, that's right! The strange combination can be found in state fairs across the country as well as in some eateries who dare try to serve the unusual pairing. But really, it's not all that unusual. We're talking about another simple merge of salty and sweet. But going around the country to find chocolate bacon really isn't necessary. Vosges Chocolate's manufactures Mo's Chocolate Bacon Bar, in your choice of milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Never thought you can get candy with bacon? Never underestimate what could be done when bacon is concerned.


     Anyone who really knows me knows how much I love bacon. My brother in law, Jaycen, even went as far as getting me bacon scented soap, bacon strip band aids, and bacon flavored jelly beans. Quick note on those jellybeans- don't buy them. They don't taste like bacon.  But it was my sister-in-law, Linda, who, on a recent trip to Nags Head, NC, gave me 2 small boxes of Vosges Chocolate Bacon Bar. Dark Chocolate was what I was given and I waited patiently for the right time to take a bite out of the candy. So  the day came when I was about to get my first taste of chocolate and bacon together. And when I took that bite-- WOW-- the flavors just amazed me.

     The candy bar had pieces of bacon mixed within it. That provided a good balance of tasting the dark chocolate and the influence of bacon flavor from the lingering pieces. As always, the mix of salty and sweet created a pleasant experience for my palette. The bacon pieces, themselves, still had  a nice crisp to it so there is no worry about having  chewy or flimsy bacon in your candy bar.

     Purchasing the candy bar is simple. Check most specialty candy shops and gift shops in your area. If you still can't find it, you can go to Vosges website at www.vosgeschocolate.com or also to www.amazon.com.   You should definitely be open minded and try the bacon bar. If you're a lover of bacon and/or chocolate, this snack is a must have.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment